Saturday 20 October 2012

Around these parts...

lots and lots of lovely rain
the first thirty minutes after school spent journaling & tea drinking & chocolate eating. (chocolates curtesy of one FANtabulous brother)
admiring leaves dripping with beads of rain
wearing my favourite scarf on a crisp autumn day
Inky working it in front of the camera
a slice of pumpkin pie to nourish the soul
a typography print I designed for my room




The weekend so far has been a blur. I've worked fourteen hours over two days and all I can remember is DONUTS DONUTS. I love my little part-time job. I never knew how much I would enjoy working with people and food! Although I enjoy my job, at times it seems to be teetering towards too much. The ratio between work and play lately seems to be 2:0. It's days like these when I'm reminded of this verse,

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11: 28-30 

God has given us rest, and we don't have to be stressed or overwhelmed in anything. The more I think about that the more peace fills my heart. God takes our burdens. We don't have to live with them anymore! Life isn't about dealing with our own burdens, it's about giving them to God, and receiving the peace that He promises us. To me, that's more than encouraging. It's rejuvenating!

Much love, Vivi 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely set of photos, and what a cute cat!


    http://prettylittletitch.blogspot.co.uk/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and thanks for the encouraging verse, Vivi! I totally needed that, and the photos look simply lovely. Glad that you're enjoying your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post Vivi! I totally agree with the work to fun ratio being 2:0 lately. Thank goodness for family and moments of quiet to bring me back down to Earth. Btw, love the scarf and your drink coaster :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, pictures, verses, everything!

    1. Your can is adorable!
    2. I made pumpkin pie last week, I love the stuff!
    3. It is great that you are loving your job, and even though it can become too much you know where to find your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words are water to a thirsty soul. Thank you so much. Also...these pictures are beautiful...screaming fall glory and rest and peace and ah I just love you're oh so lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete