Wednesday 10 October 2012

Thankful

I love this time of year. Thanksgiving food, families getting together, leaves of vibrant colors cascading to the ground. October is a month filled with beauty, and I love how Thanksgiving here in Canada falls right in the middle of it. I had two turkey dinners this past weekend, as well as too much pumpkin pie and these little guys. Something about pumpkin is far too irresistible... :)

In honor of Thanksgiving, here's a little list of what I'm thankful for... 

pumpkin pie
cuddly sweaters
the flavors and aromas of tea 
deep belly laughter
witnessing sunrises, sunsets
prayer
quality conversations
youth groups with powerful speakers & music
my brother's homemade pumpkin spice lattes
the ability to capture moments through photographs
braids
the grace of God everyday
British TV shows
the giggling faces of chubby-cheeked babies
The Sisterhood of the Travelling pants
Dad's morning blueberry smoothies
Stevie Wonder
poetry
true encouragement
photo shoots with friends 
thick papered sketchbooks 
the calm of early early mornings
Jane Austen 

What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear!  

Much love, Vivi
 

8 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this. The photos and your list:)

    I'm thankful for the air in my lungs, the beating of my heart that let's me know I'm alive, The Bible for Wisdom and Guidance, True Love because I know it exists, My dog because he makes me smile, Cool weather because I rarely get to experience that, Bloggers because they know how to inspire like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely things to be thankful for! :) I'm thankful for many things these days, but a few...

    God speaking to my heart quietly
    pumpkin everything :)
    Christmas music
    my lil' nephews and niece
    the smell of Autumn outside
    the crispness in the air
    dear conversations with friends
    talking to ones I never thought I would again
    favorite songs on repeat
    crunchy leaves
    scarfs! =)
    a long trip to a bookstore
    the sound of my camera's shutter

    Blessings to your day, and keep up the wonderful job you're doing here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved this post! The photos are awesome. I wish Thanksgiving was in October for us, because my family won't let me listen to a lot of Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, that and the holiday season would be much longer!

    Some things I am thankful for are:

    My family
    My two best friends
    My nephews
    Our awesome church
    Autumn and winter clothing
    Jewelry
    Owl City
    Fall weather
    Holidays
    Gluten (I love being able to eat it again)
    Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos...
    happy thanksgiving to you
    i am thankful for finding my soulmate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm all that yummy food looks soo good! :9

    What I'm thankful for this year is:

    family
    friends
    security
    health
    the life the Lord has given me
    books
    imagination
    food
    clothing
    seasons and other things as well...
    but most importantly my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen to your list. and i'm in love with your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your photos are gorgeous! I moved to China in August and am really missing Fall. These photos make me miss it more. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many AMAZING pics here!
    Hey what about following each other? Visit my blog and let me know, it would be great to keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete