Wednesday 2 January 2013

Two little cakes

To celebrate my brother's 19th birthday, I eagerly (maybe a little more than eagerly) made two mini cakes. And friends, with cake, you can never go wrong. He was happy. My mom went on to say that I'd better make her a few mini cakes when her birthday rolls around. ;)
Both cakes were made with a boxed chocolate cake mix (the easiest way to go), and covered in a classic butter cream. The cake with green icing was made with an almond butter cream, with flaked almonds pressed on the sides and top. The blue was made with a vanilla butter cream with coconut and dark chocolate bark to top it off.
I had so much fun making these cakes! And I'm talking dancing in the kitchen kind of fun. I hope you feel inspired today to whip up a couple of your own, and if you do make sure to let me know! :)

Much love, Vivi

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute, Viv! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful, Vivi! ;) great job. i'm sure your brother loved them. :) baking is so much fun...

    xo | Mikailah
    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, and they look so professional! I wish my cakes looked this nice:( definitely an inspiration!
    Jules from www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete