Friday 22 February 2013

simplicity & thanks

Recently I've been thinking a lot about living a simple life. Not one built on materials or worldly standards, but rather a life full of quality moments and memories. It's so easy in our day and age to get caught up with what we don't have, and to over look the beauty of what we've already been blessed with! I truly believe that living a life of simplicity is rooted in thankfulness. When I'm thankful and focus on the abundant blessings in my life, complications seem to fade away. Unclear situations are given clarity, and my days have so much more joy. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says it perfectly:
 

 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
 
Much love, Vivi

4 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It's so important to focus and strive for what's solid and true, rather than the always-changing ideas and opinions of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree:) to enjoy the things in life, you can't be tied in with so much money and gadgets and such!
    Jules:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, oh and your shoes! We are called to live a quiet and simple life and I totally love how you describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to several circumstances for a couple months things kept popping up that kept me from using the computer, most recently the power cord dying but it has been replaced now so I am catching up on blogs I follow. I'm now reminded how much I love your blog and have missed it. I agree with your post, it is extremely important to be happy with what we have and to count our blessings, instead of wishing for things that are not truly important. Keep up the good work!

    Btw, have you ever considered making it so that people could use a username/url to post a comment along with the other selections you currently have? Just wondering since that is what I typically use for posting comments on blogs and figured others might like it too.

    ReplyDelete