Sunday 17 August 2014

Goal Making

I've always been a huge supporter of lists, goals, and challenging oneself. In the past I've struggled with perfection, where the goals I would make were completely unrealistic. I would feel awful if I didn't meet my lofty expectations. Thankfully I have learnt through this experience the difference between challenging oneself with goals and hurting oneself. Now, if I don't accomplish a certain goal, I simply re-evaluate! For example, at the beginning of Summer I made the goal to run at least 10k a week. Well, running on the treadmill with the kind of weather we've been having (HOT HOT) was more than unappealing. I changed my goal to doing some kind of activity four times a week and was much happier that way, AND actually enjoyed working on my goal. Life is too short to be doing something you don't enjoy.

Oh, and these photos? Somewhat unrelated.. But small reminders to myself to slow down and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me in the everyday. Now that is a goal I'll always aim for.

Much love, Vivi

2 comments: