Sunday 12 July 2015

All there

J U L Y 12th 

I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Studying for my upcoming physics tests 
Purchasing new school supplies. We were so excited about our classes that we just couldn't wait.. So really, this was both productivity AND enjoyment. I may have splurged on a Moleskine journal that captivated my heart... 

Rest & Enjoyment:
Going to church with my family 
Spending the afternoon out with my brother. Last year for my birthday, he took me out for coffee and bought a maxi dress for me. It was so much fun so we decided to do it again this year. We had mochas and muffins at our favorite coffee shop, did a little browsing through stores, and capped it off with school supply shopping! After seeing how amazing a white board is, he had to buy one for himself. ;) 
Spending the evening talking with my family 


Take aways:

No matter what activity I'm doing, I want to be ALL there. I've heard a quote similar to this before, but it's wisdom rings so true to me. How often have I been distracted when hanging out with someone, or have other thoughts running through my mind? When my brother and I were out today, I tried my best to fully enjoy our time together and not think about school or other activities. I've noticed that when I commit myself like this to activities, everything seems to have more quality. More quality conversation, for one, since focusing on the person makes you more attuned to when they share something, ask for advice, or tell a story. And really, how awesome is it when someone does this for us?!  

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment