Monday 20 July 2015

Don't be so hard on yourself

J U L Y 20th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Studying for my Calculus midterm. It's funny how so many hours can be summed up by one sentence.. Haha. 
Working in the afternoon/evening (and taking a selfie in the neon green framed mirror.. :) 


Rest & Enjoyment:
Baking homemade tortilla chips for a snack with some hummus 
Reading Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer. This is the kind of book that picks me up from feeling blue to feeling fearless. It's full of so many stories of real people who pushed through challenges and trusted in God when life was anything but easy. 
Reading a few chapters from the book of Mark

Take aways: 
When I got home from work tonight I put on Jess Glynne's playlist. I love the upbeat nature of her music. One song stuck out to me. It's called Don't be so hard on yourself. Holy cow, you guys. I love this song. First of all, it's more than catchy. Second, it has such a great message. We all go through tough seasons of life where we "draw a smile on our face," hoping that our outward appearance portrays the picture of 
togetherness. 

My goal is to put into practice what Jess Glynne is talking about. To not be so hard on myself, picking apart flaws or mistakes, but to give myself a few more high fives, and say, "hey, congrats self, you did a good job. keep going!" 


Much love, Vivi 

P.s. if you like that song check out this one


No comments:

Post a Comment